Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The greatest day...

Today was a great day ya'll. And there's going to be a lot of pictures. You're ok with that right?

You know those days where you feel really silly for feeling a certain way...and then things change and  you feel totally better.

Ya apply that to yesterday and today's post. 

So here's how today went:

7:30 AM - Hubs got up early with me to be the #1 appointment with my surgeon today. I can tell I was really anxious about this appointment because last night I did guided relaxation exercises IN.MY.DREAMS. Literally. What does that even say about me?!? Never mind I don't want to know. Anyways... I gave my drain collection chart to my nurse - she perused it and said: "Hannah - I'll check with Dr. Crosby but I don't think these drains are coming out today." Aaaand since I am so mature and handle things totally rationally I responded like this:


She gave me a hug and said she was going to go get my Dr. at which moment Alex just hugged me tight as if on cue:
Good one hubs. 

So like 5 minutes pass and I get a knock on the door expecting Dr. Crosby and it's her nurse again. And she says
"Hannah - so we accidentally read the chart wrong - your drains are actually coming out today for sure!"
To which I responded:





Excited doesn't even begin to describe it people. 

And they did my first expansion - they only expanded 35 mls because even though it's healing - we are still being cautious with that tissue on the right side (which takes me to a total of 385 mls in the expander - I will probably get to between 400-500 before being back where I was before'ish).  So that was awesome too!

The expansion didn't hurt at all but removing the last two drains after the expanders were larger was definitely very uncomfortable (whereas I barely felt the first two that were removed last week) and I started having muscle spasms again. Thankfully they dissipated fairly quickly, I took some ibuprofen and was feeling much better in no time!

So since I'm off pain meds and have no drains - I'm back on the grid! I got my booty back home, changed my clothes, GOT THE CAR KEYS AND HEADED IN TO WORK! Booyah!

I only did half day hours (12:15-4:30) and didn't actually see any patients today but I was able to get through all my email, meet and catch up with my awesome-sauce boss and most of my super amazing team, say hi to a few of the very incredible nurses I work with and plant some thank you notes around the work place! And I felt great the whole time! 

Then I got back in my car, drove back home and now I'm just chilling. I'm definitely starting to cramp up a bit (Dr. C said I probably wouldn't start feeling any pain or spasms until later today/tonight) and hurt a little more but nothing that's not totally manageable. So the tentative plan is for me to work half days the remainder of this week and then go forward from there next week. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me, prayed for me and encouraged me this week! I can't even tell you how much it means to me! You bring me joy!


I feel like a new person. It's amazing how just getting back into even a little bit of your routine helps so.much. And it definitely helps that I'm not attached to tubes and plastic vacuum hand grenades of my own body fluids for sure. Peace out apathy - I got no place for you here. Happy girls only. 

Feelin' good. Kickin' high. Good Day.  Thank you Jesus.






1 comment:

  1. You made my day! It was worth forgetting to clock back in when I saw you:)

    ReplyDelete