Thursday, July 17, 2014

An ode from my couch throne...

Whelp people we made it through our first 24 hrs home. I was discharged yesterday afternoon and have been settled in taking epic pain med induced naps ever since (on that note- I'm typing this just after taking a pain pill so excuse the tangential misspellings of a half asleep thought wanderer). I was especially productive between 3-4am today where I was inexplicably awake so I paid bills, ordered some shower invitations and trolled the internets. Getting wild over here peeps.



Pain is pretty well managed and I'm trying to wean it pretty quickly. I just feel like I was strapped to the front of a rocket ship taking off whilst completing Schwarzenegger-Ian chest flys circa 1972. All that to say- ouch!

Major thanks to mi madre who has been a rock through this. Also major shout outs to our amazing
church/Sunday school 3strands/friend community- we have been blown away by our church /group/peoples just...being the church and loving us and supporting us and bringing us food and smoothies and picking up prescriptions and making sure Alex and I are taken care of . Y'all rock my socks and I really don't feel like I have any proper way to express my gratitude.







Do one of those work for now?

Also-I gotta stop though and give MAD PROPS to the husband. This guy has been the caretaker of caretakers y'all. All my worries have ceased. There's some real marriage bonding happening in ourhouse when your main man crush has to change dressings, empty drains, help you change clothes, open doors, get food AND style my hair in a color-me-impressed ponytail complete with brushing (all while setting up a pretty epic home office situation using our old tv as a desktop screen so he can
engineer from home)! Someone get this man a beer or a thousand high fives or a lifetime supply of torchys tacos or something. He's truly the best and I feel so so blessed and well taken care of.





Ok- meds have officially kicked in and I believe I have hit my brain output quota for the day. I'm still kickin though y'all! Thanks for checking in!

1 comment: