Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Well you win some you lose some...

Post op #2 was today. Good appointment. My surgeon is out of town so I saw the PA. A brief summation:

The Wins:
1. The tissue on the right side is healing! Hooray! They said things are looking good and it should hopefully just continue to heal over the coming weeks and months.

2. I have 2 small blisters (1 on each side) but they are not concerned with it.

3. My nips survived ya'll - healing nicely and look like they are getting good vascular flow. This is very likely a TMI moment for most of you but it is a glory hallelujah moment for me so you get to know about it #sorrynotsorry

4. I was technically able to do a fill on the tissue expanders today but we are holding off until next week to allow more healing to that right sided skin/tissue before stretching it back out

5. My PA estimates it should only take 2-4 fills at most to get me to where I want to be/close to where I was before (which is all I want...no Dolly Parton special for me guys nosir) which we will do in 1-2 week intervals so it's possible in 4-6 weeks I'll be done with expansions and can just start my countdown to implants

6. I can sleep in a semi-sidelying position as I'm comfortable if I am supported with pillows. This adventure is getting figured out TONIGHT

7. I can move from 5 lbs or less to 8 lbs or less weight bearing as tolerated

8. I can start lifting my hands above my head to include blow drying and straightening my hair - CANIGETAFREAKIN'AMEN?!?

The mom-says-I-should-say-opportunities-for-growth-and-learning losses:
1. Only two of the four drains came out. While I knew this was likely what was going to happen I had allowed myself to get excited about the possibility of them all coming out because of how little they were producing. They are concerned that if they take all 4 out at the same time that I could have some adverse effects and would end up having to come back in to have one replaced (um no thank you) so the first two came out today and the other two will come out at my next post-op appointment next Wednesday.

2. I'm not going to get to start driving or going back to work until after my appointment next Wednesday...and I am OVER this being the invalid patient business (back to the whole patience with the process thing in the last post). My work is being so so amazing and patient and understanding and supportive with me. I am so blessed to work where I work. So I'm supposed to trade them some drains for a return to work slip and will hopefully/I plan to start back half days'ish next week and build from there. Fingers crossed!

So I'm admittedly really bad at math but 8 pros vs 2 cons isn't bad. I'll take it. So here's to another week rollin' with the homie's ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment