Friday, July 25, 2014

Miss Independent

Whew ya'll - the last 48 hrs have been a whirlwind! My AMAZING mother in law was here Sunday-Thursday morning helping me which I cannot even thank her enough for. Then Hubs got some not very fun food poisoning from a Dominos pizza so between him and me we have been an pretty pathetic adventurous household the last two days! Thankfully he is back on his feet feeling like his old self and went back to work today.



Soooo...that means today is my first.day.solo. Independence'ish day people.

                                    



That's right people I'm off the leash today. And by off the leash I can't drive or walk long distances so I'm binge watching So You Think You Can Dance and eating peanut butter out of the jar. But I can do that ALL.BY.MYSELF. Oh ya.



I'm a pretty independent soul guys - so I'm psyched.



Also - in the last 3 days I have been able to:



  •  put my own hair up in a clip
  •  be out and about for 4-5 hours 
  •  shower and shave independently
  •  handle the drains independently
  •  sleep for longer than a typical newborn at night
  •  nap less than a typical newborn 
  •  do half a dressing change 
  •  button my own pants
  •  fit back into my pants now that all the extra IV fluids and narcotics are fully out of my system 
  •  open and close the doors (including the pocket doors and car door!)
  •  put make up on 
  •  buckle my own seat belt 
  •  fill my own bottle of water (although I admittedly still milk this one a bit when I just don't feel like getting up...don't tell k?)
  • carry small items around the house
  • sort of make the bed/clean up around the house 
  • open my fort knox inspired people proof pill bottle of antibiotics by smashing the lid against the kitchen table upside down and twisting that way...I am one special resourceful duck ya'll
Pictorally (because I am making that a thing) I am shooting to look something not like...





So we are making progress here! I'm showing up with the hostess gift since I can't do much else cohostessing a baby shower for my dearest oldest friend tomorrow who is expecting a beautiful precious baby girl with her hubby. I mean who doesn't love an excuse to love on your friends while you get to ogle the tiniest cutest stuff people can make while eating cake and drinking pink punch?!? Right?!? I love all things party (wedding, baby, birthday, dance break, Thursday, whatever) so I'm excited! And my precious mom got me a dress that I can wear with the drains in and not look like a science experiment (THANK YOU MOM!!!) after a very hilarious trip through my overabundant closet and coming up with bupkis that I could wear comfortably since I still can't really do pull over stuff, have anything fitted around my torso so all my regular tailored button downs are out and we live in the summer jungle sauna that is Houston. So I'm excited for that!


So here's to being independent'ish today! Hope ya'll have a great day!

And to make you smile - watch this video. I was literally cracking up so hard it was painful this morning: 


            



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment