Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Weekend update...

Hello internet cohorts friends...

Just a little update. Things have been good. Since Wednesday I have had a few bumps in the road getting back to a normal work schedule but we are on the upswing. I progressively went from 4 to 5 to 6 hours at work by Friday which was good. Definitely not as productive as I'd like it to have been but good nonetheless.

I cut 13 inches off my hair - I could not handle the mop top mane any.more. in this summer weather. I couldn't believe how much better I felt once it was short! They say a girl that changes her hair can change her life. So here's to a hair chop - let's change it up around here!

By some likely herald of a pending apocalypse because that is the only thing that can explain it miracle - it has only been in the eighties outside this weekend. THE EIGHTIES PEOPLE!! IN THE FIRST WEEKEND IN AUGUST! And it was less humid than if I were to move to the heart of the dark amazon or reside in a greenhouse or build a shelter inside of a Campbell's boiling soup plant so that's a total win (for me and my hair!). I have lived here pretty much all my life and cannot recall the last time I was able to walk outside on Aug. 1 and not feel like I was swamp-thing's second cousin by the time I walked through a parking lot. Good one Texas weather. Keep it up.

That being said I decided to take advantage of it and really start walking farther distances (since that's all I'm cleared to do at this point). The first day I got in 2 miles and the second day 2.7 miles and felt really good. I was shocked at how poor my endurance was for afterwards though - between that and work I have taken a SOLID nap every day this week and weekend for at least an hour. So ya - that's gonna have to change but I am SO thankful to be getting out and getting somewhat of a workout'ish thing in. At least I know I could walk to the first first aid station in the Ironman - right?!?

So this week the plan is for me to work 8:30-3'ish Monday-Friday. Thankfully we have meals still coming this week 3 days which have been SUCH a huge huge help as I am pretty much a zombie by the end of the day.

Alex also got to do a full grocery run with me this weekend. I'm definitely the primary grocery runner/house things doer so that was an marriage building experience adventure which Alex totally aced. Way to go hubs. This means you're doing it all the time now so I don't have to experience the special hell of Sunday afternoon grocery lines?!? Right?!? Right!? Sweet!

So not a lot other than that going on. Feeling good. We got to get back to church today too which was awesome. We have a new pastor on staff at our church who is really incredible so it's been great to hear him speak. Today's sermon was on love not just being some strange feeling but choosing to love in all situations and interactions and people. It was really great and such a great reminder to me to not only be more intentional in my choices to love others in good and bad and happy and sad or frustrating or celebrating situations but also to love myself. Not in a narcissistic kind of way but in a way that when you walk through something that is stressful or strange or out of your comfort zone or whatever - that you have a choice. You have a choice to love yourself and to be so thankful for that opportunity to love inwardly and be so grateful for the blessings in your life and then to move in that love and choose to love outwardly no matter the circumstance. (Sorry Eric if that wasn't totally a great summation of the sermon...but definitely some great take aways today!) That doesn't really go with this post but I thought it was a great take home thought going into this week. So there you go :-)

I'm so glad to be back in a more routine schedule and able to do more in general. Next post-op appointment is Wednesday so I'll check with ya'll after that!

Have a great rest of the weekend and Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment