Saturday, August 9, 2014

You Betta Work!

Hey all!

So sorry for the radio silence this week! It's been a great week but between work and life I've been pretty pooped!

First off - this was my first full week back to working 5 days in a row.

 I.was.so.excited.Monday. I'm pretty sure I woke Alex up in some way like this:


He really appreciated it...that's totally how he loves to be woken from peaceful slumber and reminded it's Monday. Right babe?!? 

I worked shortened hours and did pretty well! I was pretty tired and my chest felt really tight/I was definitely uncomfortable by the end of the day but otherwise it was great! 

We also had precious friends bring us dinner MWF this week which was such a life saver bc I just couldn't get myself to cook this week. The support of meals has been so.great. during this process and really helped so much. Thanks to our amazing friends and church group for this!! 

I had my next post op appointment this last Wednesday. Everything went really well. This past week I really started putting on my clothes again to get an idea of size and fit, etc. I went into this process as a 32D and am not interested in getting back to being that big again so going into the appointment I really felt as though we were really close to where I wanted to be (my goal is a full C'ish). 

*disclaimer: while this whole "customizable" sort of side to the tissue expanders is cool - I find it also very very bizarre**

My surgeon agrees. She is being very conservative with filling the tissue expanders only a little bit at a time (35 mls again this week so I went from 385 mls to 420 in the expander) because that tissue on the right side continues to heal. We had always estimated that somewhere around 450-500mls  would probably be my ideal size given my build so next week should be my last fill and we can move forward with scheduling reconstruction/putting in implants!
These expanders are no joke especially as they are getting bigger. They are super hard and don't move. at. all. It's like having baseballs for boobs (and shooting more for softballs...or something) or channeling barbie or  Amy Poehler or something. 

And I still don't have great sensation up top so if you see me straight up walk 'em into a door frame or something...ummm ya. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Ideally they like for the expander to be in around 3 months since the final expansion before you get implants. That technically pushes me into the beginning of November but I'm asking them/we are seeing if it's possible for me to get implants towards the end of October so that I'm pretty set by the time the holidays and ironman training are getting into full swing (and we have Baylor and OSU  football tickets for 10/18 (OSU/TCU) and 11/22 (BU/OSU)...must.schedule.around. PRIORITIES PEOPLE! It's football season!) . Jury is still out on that one - fingers crossed! I should hopefully have more details next Wednesday. 

Next week I have all my 30 day follow ups with breast surgery, breast oncology and plastic surgery so I should definitely be learning a lot!

Also - my plastic surgeon said after next week she will likely release me to do more, go back to work unrestricted and hopefully working out a little bit more than just strolling!!

Please please please. 

So other than that we have a super fun weekend planned. We missed out on seeing the Michael Jackson Cirque de Soleil show when we were in Vegas in February and wouldn't you know it - it came up on Living Social way cheaper for their tour in Houston tonight so we are going! I am super excited to see it! I really wanna see a chinese contortionist acrobat take on:




Especially the zombie sassy hey-ho arm move. Oh ya. 

Happy weekend everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment