Thursday, August 28, 2014

Workin' on my fitness...

Hello internets...


Hope you are having a SUPER week and excited for the long weekend! I don't have to work Monday (I work in a hospital so Labor Day is frequently laborious for me) so I.am.pumped.

Speaking of pumped - I got back to the gym these last two weeks. O ya. Go me. 

The last month my attitude has been a bit more like this:

We needed to change that especially ramping up to building back some kind of base for Ironman training. Like I said in my last post - I was cleared to return to exercise that didn't have a lot of impact or weights involved. So...I have been rocking the elliptical, stair master, recumbent bike and spin class. Last week on my first time back I knocked out 40 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the recumbent bike to cool down. Afterwards...

Umm...ya...taking a month off was definitely felt. 
After that I headed back in to spin class.  I hadn't been back to spin in a while and I know it didn't always feel like this...

But it sure felt like it. Luckily I made it through the whole hour and have now gone a few times and it's feeling better! I can totally justify that nightly fro yo now right?!

Heck.Ya. 

So since then I've been back in spin class a few times and/or have done around an hour (+/- a little) of cardio on the bike or elliptical and even did a bike/"run" (elliptical) brick for a sprint tri distance on Monday and felt really good! 

So even though it's slow getting back I'm so thankful to be back exercising with some consistency. I can't wait to get back in the pool next month and really start going. (Yes I know I will regret those words in a few months...)

Next post op isn't until Sept 17 but everything on the recovery end is doing well so I'm thankful. Sleeping better, feeling better, working regular hours and working out so I'm feeling pretty normal'ish! MDACC called me this week though and doesn't look like they have an opening to do my 2nd surgery until Nov 4. Boo/Hiss. They are going to try to get me in earlier so hopefully that will pan out! Fingers crossed! 

That's about it on what's been going on on this side of the street. 

If any of you have worked out with me consistently you will know that one of my only major fitness goals is to be able to do one pull up. One. JUST ONE! I can't even come close but I found this:

Cute or depressing to have a panda in better shape than you? Can we go with cute? 

Have a great labor day everyone!  




No comments:

Post a Comment