Thursday, April 2, 2015

Peaks Weeks

Oh man guys....We have OFFICIALLY hit peak week(s). Building it up to Max power. Max Distance. Max time.

Last week was my first "peak" week. This is what it looked like:

Monday: 3500m swim
Tuesday: 1:10 bike, 3.1 mile run
Wednesday: 3300m swim
Thursday: 1:20 bike test (this made me want to vomit and pass out but got me higher HR zones for race day!), 5.4 mile run
Friday: 3300m swim
Saturday: 112 mile bike (first time all the way around the Ironman course! Lots of chip seal for like 50miles, tons of rollers, and head/cross wind for at least 75 miles made this a doozie!), 2.5 mile quick brick run right after
Sunday: 13.1 mile run, 3500m swim

Needless to say by Sunday afternoon I was WIPED!



So then my coach very kindly gave me a "recovery" week this week before going into the rest of max peak weeks. I literally laughed out loud with what a "recovery" week is now as compared to my pre-Ironman life.

"Recovery" week:

Monday: OFF! Praise Jesus!

Tuesday: 1:10 bike (which I missed because of a family dinner), 2500m swim
Wednesday: 45 min/4.2 mile run, 2400m swim
Thursday: 50 min/4.5 mile run, 4500m swim (this was one long.a**.swim!)
Friday: 1:30 bike
Saturday: 2:30 bike, 3200m swim
Sunday: 1:20 run

So after this week we are up for 4 more "peak" weeks, 2 weeks of taper, then RACE DAY! Ya'll...it's almost here... 44 days. I can't freaking wait. Partially because I'm just so ready to race this crazy thing and put training behind me. More partially because I'm ready to have my life back!! Either way it's getting close and I'm excited! Here we go!! One week closer to TAPER WEEK!!! Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment