Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Peak Week: Episode RUN

So we've hit max fun run week people. This is week 1 of 4 consecutive peak weeks...one more day closer to taper and race day!! So here's what this week looks like:

Monday: 3700m swim
Tuesday: 1:10 bike+45 min run brick
Wednesday: 3400m swim+1:30 min run
Thursday: 1:15 bike (recovery)+45 min run brick
Friday: 2200m swim+1:30 min run
Saturday: 5:00 bike (shooting for 90ish miles)+30 min run
Sunday: 3700 swim+3:00ish run (shooting for 20 miles on this guys - this will be my longest run in training! Plan is to run consistently for 2 hrs then do 1 min walk intervals at each mile to simulate walking through the water stations)

So that's this week! Next week will be max bike (I think), followed by max swim with an open water swim practice on the course then one more peak week after that!

On another  note- I haven't gotten new cycling shoes in nearly 3 years people. 3.YEARS. For those that don't cycle - this is a long time to wear the same shoes (especially since you typically wear tri shoes without socks). Well this one lucky girl got a great surprise from the hubs.

Voila! These ruby slippers are the tri/cycling equivalent of a perfect fit Louboutin (and everyone knows the love of a red bottom (or top) shoe!). I was so surprised and excited and couldn't be happier to have these lovelies out on the road with me the next 6 weeks!

So we are on our way! I have my race diet dietician appointment on Friday so I'll be getting a VERY specific diet plan leading up to the big day so I"ll update on that afterwards too! Let's just say I think my easter basket candy is going to be continuing to tempt me from the high shelf for the next 6 weeks...

Hope you all have a great week! See ya for max bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment