Friday, May 15, 2015

Do Not Adjust Your TV Set


Hubs, here. Taking over for the Captain of the USS Internets!

Not sure what picture she may have painted of me on here, but let's clear the air...

Me. Tech Savvy:


...But not a morning person. Rarely I see a clock start with a 4 and sometimes a 5. 6's are just mean since you're so close to 8. And those of you who wake up before your alarm are just plain weird.

So tomorrow morning waking up with our Ironwoman at 3:30 will be ugly (for me...).

But the day will only get better. The Ironman has a wave start leaving about every minute or so. I expect the beginning to be something like this when I watch the swim start...



A nap may happen at some point...

But basically I will be spending the day looking something like this...




Hopefully ending with some moment like this...


I've received messages from a handful of friends that want to come out to "watch"...


But more to cheer and support Hannah as she endures the final challenge to becoming an Ironman. So I won't be alone entertaining myself.

So I'll have some friends to help keep me out of trouble...

And there are countless others that have reached out to Hannah and haven't contacted me that will either be there, are praying for her or or the few that are there in spirit. This collective of people are the important ones to help with the final transformation from triathlete to Ironman.

Without those of you standing behind her,supporting Hannah, there is no way she'd be able to make it this far. So give yourselves a hand and cheer in celebration! We made it! Some of this champagne is for you!

Those of us who can distract her from the pain, from the depression, from the thoughts of "can't", "won't", and "impossible" and can help her see the ease, joy, and possibility of finishing her goal of making it to the line before midnight deserve just as much praise as the next person.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't done anything to train for this Ironman and this is all her doing. I've been her podium and foundation. I may or may not have supported her spending habits with some sweet triathalon gear...

But at the end of the day, she's put in the time and effort and according to her biggest cheerleader (me...and her family...and her coach too), she's ready.

I'm not trying to steal her spotlight for tomorrow. Just trying to add an amazing background to the wonderful picture's focus.

So here we go! Finally! Go fast. Get aero. Have fun! Smile at the finish line.

Good luck tomorrow babe. I love you. See ya at the finish line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment