Saturday, December 6, 2014

Because I'm all about that base...

That's base people...not bass...

No offense Meggy T but I think we've done enough talk and work about the "treble" shall we say.

So the last few weeks have been all about building base! I have been working up my bike and run mileage all through November and started officially working with my coach on Dec. 1. She was so sweet in sending my first week's workouts - described as "pretty generic." Oh man guys - it was definitely the kick in the pants that I needed to realize this is the real.freaking.deal people. Like get to that gym for 2 hours of cardio already on a weeknight kick in the pants.

And then do it again the next day.

And the next.

Something tells me this will be a theme. Not that I already didn't know this was going to be a big undertaking but there's just something jilting about seeing it on paper/email/trainingpeaks.com

So this week looked like:

Monday: FIRST DAY WITH THE COACH! GET MY WORKOUTS! I AM PUMPED! Supposed to swim... then in a moment of  pure brilliance I sliced my hand open with an immersion blender while cooking dinner, got 5 stitches and suddenly swimming wasn't looking so likely. Strong start HB...strong start.

Tuesday: Still feeling crummy after my blending blade battle and work ran long so off day.

Wednesday: 4 mile continuous run averaging 10:30/mile

Thursday: 1:20 min spin and 30 min row workout (to supplement for not swimming)

Friday: off 

Saturday: 5 mile run with my sister! - running 10 min intervals - averaging 10:47/mile

Sunday: I have 40 miles on the bike scheduled...so up and at em early in the AM hitting the road! Maybe getting in a row too afterwards for some "swimming".

Stitches out next week so I'll be back in the pool!

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and are loving this Christmas season! See ya next week!

PS...this guys=awesome. May we all groove like you sir. 
Ok. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. First- way to go HB!!!
    Second- awesome humor, and this dancing guy... Yes! He needs to be my work screen saver!
    I'm so proud of you and your progress! I've loved following your journey and can't wait to continue! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete